When it comes to buying a high-quality headphone it is very important to make sure that you have done important research before making your purchase because not every expensive headphone is a good choice that ensures your ability which is what makes it hard for some users to continue listening to their favorite music with ease. It is a very common issue to face headphone problems providing low-quality sound. This could be that your headphone is broken and requires a replacement or repair.
Before you go onto replacing your headphone you need to become familiar with the important parts of a headphone that will provide you enough information regarding the replacement or repair of your headphones so that it works perfectly without causing any issues. This will also help protect your new headphones from any defect so that you can easily listen to your favorite music or watch your favorite movie in high sound quality.
Major parts of a headphone jack
Usually, a normal headphone is divided into mono headphones and stereo headphones which are used for connecting it to mobile phones, IPod, and other multimedia devices. This allows the user to listen to their favorite music for a very long time and how you sound quality.
A stereo headphone consists of a metal ring on the top which services as a left speaker, a long metal ring that serves as the ground, and a metal ring that serves as the right speaker. These three parts are essential components of a stereo speaker without which it won’t be able to do its job perfectly or you will have to replace your headphones from time to time.
How to replace a headphone jack
By following the steps he will be able to replace your headphone jack successfully:
Cut the old headphone jack
The first step that you must do is to cut the old headphone jack cable near the plug so that you can easily cut at least 2 cm cable that you will need later on. You can easily cut the cable of the old headphone jack by using a wire stripper that can remove the cable up to 3 cm from the headphone cable end.
Now you must remove the quoting from the smaller end of the table which includes the green, brown and red cables using the above-mentioned method so that all these cables are cut in equal length and a neat manner. Now you must remove the colored plastic shield from the cable by putting it on top of a flame.
Connect the cables to a new plug
Once you cut the cables you should connect them with a new plug and tighten the screws. Put the second piece of the plug into the cable by slicing it in words. You should connect the brown cable to the big terminal of the plug and then wrap it around the terminals for a few turns so that it is firmly bound.
You must make sure that the cable is firmly bound and that it doesn’t come or if the plug. If you want to make sure that the plug is firmly tightened then you should identify the plug terminal by using an AVO meter and set it to ohms.
Insert the green and red cables
Now insert the Green table into the left terminal Hall. You should have the cable around the terminal a few times to make sure that it is fully tight and doesn’t move from each place. The cable should be fixed perfectly in the plug terminal and provide a solid fit.
Once you have inserted the green cable you should follow the same steps for the right people and make sure that it is inserted in the right place and doesn’t come out of the plug terminal. The only way you will be able to ensure this is that by tightening the cable solidly.
Check if the headphone requires a repair
Sometimes the headphone is broken and it can be fixed with a repair but most people are not familiar with it so they think that the only solution is to buy another headphone. There are certain ways through which you can repair a headphone. It is mentioned as follows:
- You must make sure that you have all the necessary tools that will be required for repairing a headphone jack and they should all be ready to use
- The first thing that you have to do is cut the broken headphone jack by using boy strippers. You must be careful by using the voice to press because they can also cause damage to your body if you are not careful while using them
- After cutting off the broken headphone jack you must disassemble it into each part and measure the length of the new headphone jack.
- Now add an extra inch to the length that you have already made and market it as the new length of the old headphone wire.
- Now use the wire stripper around the wire and clamp them perfectly. Make sure that you pressed tightly so that there is no insulation between the wires
- Now pass the cord through the metal and plastic sleeves of the headphone jack
- You should make sure that all the green, brown and red wires are separated from each other and they do not touch each other
- Now place the headphone jack in helping stand and fix the ground wire to the bottom terminal of the headphone jack
- Pass the green wire to the left terminal of the headphone jack
- Now put the plastic sleeves over the headphone jack to cover its main points and if you have to keep the plastic sleeve intact then you could also use electric tape according to your need
- Once everything is fixed and repaired perfectly it is time to test headphones and check if you have done the necessary repairs and the headphones provide good quality audio
Good quality headphones make it a lot more entertaining to listen to your favorite music but if you want to know whether you have to replace your headphones then it is highly recommended to read this article so that you will get enough information to guide you through the entire process.