One of the most important pieces of technology any driver can have in their car is a GPS navigation system. But not all GPS navigation systems are created equal. Using a tablet is one of the best ways to get a GPS navigation system in your vehicle. They’re affordable and attachable to your dashboard using a suction cup, and can be used for a lot more than just GPS navigation.
The best tablet for GPS navigation is one that has the most accurate GPS capabilities. It also needs to have lots of features, be lightweight, easy to use, and durable. Many different tablets come equipped with GPS capabilities, but only a few are ideal for GPS navigation.
Best Tablet For GPS Navigation 2022
1. Asus Google Nexus 7
This specific tablet (manufactured by Asus) has a very high performance, at least for an Android device. It comes with 2 GB RAM memory and 16 GB internal storage which are more than enough to run smoothly even the most demanding applications. With this being said, it is perfect when used as a GPS navigation system because it can process your movements incredibly fast regardless of whether you’re using Google Maps or another app that may be running in the background. Another important aspect is its screen resolution which stands out among other tablet models due to its high quality.
- 2 GB RAM.
- 16 GB storage space.
- very fast when it comes to processing.
- high screen resolution.
- has the newest version of Android installed (5.0 Lollipop).
- its battery life tends to be poor.
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
This specific model by Samsung is not only a tablet but also a laptop because it can be connected with another device through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection which enables you to work on documents, edit photos etc., in case you need to use this tablet for work purposes too. The biggest difference concerning other tablets lies in its design since it has two cameras that enable both front/back video calling. Other important features include 1 GB RAM memory and 16 GB internal storage which is more than enough for installing apps, storing files or even running GPS navigation software.
- 1 GB RAM.
- Storage space of 16 GB.
- has two cameras (front and back).
- can run different applications at the same time thanks to its 1 GB RAM memory.
- its screen display is not great when it comes to watching movies or playing games that require high pixel density (due to its poor resolution of 1024×768 pixels).
3. Lenovo Miix 2
With an Intel Quad Core 4500U Processor clocked at 1.8GHz, you can be sure that this tablet by Lenovo will never disappoint you when it comes to performance. Its 8-inch screen is one of the most important features that makes it stand out among other tablets in its price range because it can be used for both work and entertainment purposes. Additionally, this model has 1 GB RAM memory which again is more than enough to run applications without lagging or interruptions while performing different tasks at the same time.
- 8 inch IPS screen with 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution.
- 1 GB RAM memory.
- perfect when it comes to multitasking because of its high processing speed and 1 GB RAM memory.
- does not have a rear camera.
4. Samsung Galaxy Note Pro
This specific model by Samsung is one of the most versatile devices on the market, especially when it comes to the design. Its most important feature is its stylus pen called S-Pen which can be used not only for taking notes but also for drawing and editing photos or presentations. This means that you will never have any problem with regard to different multimedia applications such as GPS navigation because by using S-Pen you will be able to draw your route map and use it as a background image or simply write down destinations and save them within the app.
- 12.2 inch WQXGA screen with 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution.
- 1 GB RAM memory.
- 8 megapixel rear camera.
- has a big screen which can be used for video calling in case you have a front camera installed in your tablet.
- great when it comes to multimedia applications because of its S-Pen stylus pen.
- very expensive compared to other models with similar specs and features.
5. Motorola Xoom 2
This specific model by Motorola is one of the best choices when it comes to running GPS navigation software because it also has built in speakers that enable you to hear directions even if your tablet is not connected through headphones or Bluetooth connection. With 32 GB internal storage, this device offers more space for installing different software, storing files etc. Other important features include 1 GB RAM memory which is more than enough for running apps at the same time without lagging or interruptions while using GPS navigation software.
- 2 mega pixel front camera.
- NVIDIA Quad Core Tegra 3 Processor clocked at 1.6GHz.
- The internal storage capacity is 32 GB.
- 1 GB RAM memory.
- Has a mini USB port that enables you to connect your tablet with other devices such as laptops or cars in case you want to use it for work purposes too.
- good battery life (up to 18 hours of continuous use).
- It is slightly bulkier and heavier.
6. Apple iPad Air
This specific model by Apple is one of the best choices regarding design because you won’t ever have any problem with regard to different applications requiring high pixel density such as GPS navigation software for example. Its most important features include its 1 GB RAM memory which enables you to run multiple apps at the same time without lagging or interruptions while using GPS navigation, 10 hours battery life and its consistent use between different multimedia applications due to its 9.7-inch retina display screen with 2048 x 1536 pixels resolution.
- Dual Core Apple A7 Processor clocked at 1.4GHz.
- 1024 x 768 pixel screen resolution.
- 9.7 inch retina display screen with 2048 x 1536 pixels resolution.
- perfect when it comes to multimedia applications because of its high pixel density and minimal lagging or interruptions while using GPS navigation software for example.
- high storage space (16 GB) that enables you to store a lot of different files such as music, photos, videos etc.
- The highest price compared to other models in this list.
7. Acer Iconia Tab A510
This specific model by Acer is one of the best choices when it comes to navigation because it has more features that are highly important in terms of multimedia applications. This means that you will get not only GPS navigation software but also a front camera, speakers and 32 GB internal storage space for installing different apps without worrying about running out of memory. Its most important features include its 10-inch screen with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, 1 GB RAM memory which is more than enough for running multiple applications simultaneously without any lagging or interruptions while using GPS navigation and 16 hours battery life.
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 2GB Processor clocked at 1.2GHz.
- 10 inch IPS LCD screen (1280 x 800 pixels).
- 1 GB RAM memory.
- high pixel density which means it is perfect for running multimedia applications such as GPS navigation software without any lagging or interruptions.
- higher price compared to other models in this list.
When it comes to choosing the best tablet for running GPS navigation, you will need to consider certain things such as price but also other features that are highly important in terms of multimedia applications. This means that if you want to purchase a device which is perfect when it comes to processing power, the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS or battery life, you should look into other devices in this list. However, Motorola Xoom 2 10.1 Inch Tablet PC is your best choice when it comes to hardware while Acer Iconia Tab A510 is your best choice regarding software and design.
Apple iPad Air comes in the middle regarding design, software and hardware for the best tablet for GPS navigation.
In case you want a tablet that is perfect when it comes to design and multimedia applications, you should not look further than Apple iPad Air. This specific model by Apple is one of the best choices regarding design because you won’t ever have any problem with regard to different applications requiring high pixel density such as GPS navigation software for example.