Bone conduction headphones are the next best thing in the world of headphones because they do not cover your ears. The sound waves come through your cheekbones which makes these headphones perfect for running. You can keep track of the surroundings while listening to music, podcasts or audio books through bone conduction headphones. Some even have microphones so you can answer calls hands-free.
It is essential that anyone who runs outdoors wears good quality bone conduction headphone when running. This device will help you to stay safe by allowing you to listen to traffic when crossing streets or avoiding objects when jogging on trails or when you are cycling.
Best Bone Conduction Headphones For Running 2022
Here is a list of 9 best bone conduction headphones for running, each with their own features and specifications.
1. AfterShokz Trekz Air Open-Ear Wireless Headphones:
Aftershokz Trekz Air is one of the latest open-ear wireless bone conduction headphone from Aftershokz. This model comes in two colors white and black. They have a build in microphone which allows you to answer phone calls hands free while on the move. It comes with six hours battery life after full charge and standby time of 14 days. These headphone were designed keeping runners in mind, they are lightweight and comfortable to wear even when you sweat profusely. These headphone do not cover the ears and allow you to hear the surrounding noises.
The sound quality of these headphones is amazing, it can get very loud and does not distort at maximum volume. It has a range of 33 feet so you can wander around while listening to your favorite music on these headphones.
- The open ear design makes it convenient to wear and take calls while you are on the go.
- Long battery life of six hours after a full charge.
- The fit is very secure and can be worn even when running.
- The sound quality is not as good.
2. AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Wireless Headphones:
Aftershokz Trekz Titanium wireless headphone is one of the best Bluetooth bone conduction headphones available in the market. This model comes with a titanium flexible neckband which allows you to move around easily while wearing these headphones. Unlike other models, this model has an IP55 sweat proof and waterproof rating so you do not have to worry about getting caught in rain or sweating profusely when running.
These headphones can be paired with up to two devices at a time and it has an amazing range of 46 feet so you can wander around while streaming music on these headphones. You can answer phone calls by tapping the earpiece located near your cheekbones. These bone conduction headphones come in three different colors- black, rose gold and titanium.
Aftershokz Trekz Titanium comes with six hours battery life after full charge and standby time of 14 days which is decent considering the features that this model offers. The sound quality on these headphones is brilliant and it can get very loud without any distortion at maximum volume. It has a mic to pick up surrounding sounds if you want to while wearing the headphone which is a very nice feature. The only downside of these headphones is that it doesn’t have noise cancellation which could be a problem while you are cycling or walking on noisy roads.
- IP55 rating makes this headphone perfect for outdoor activities like running, jogging and cycling in rain or even if you sweat profusely.
- Comes with six hours battery life after full charge.
- Decent standby time of 14 days.
- Noise cancellation is not as good.
3. MilanSo Bone Conduction:
The MilanSo Bone conduction headphone is one of the best selling bone conduction headphones in the market right now. This model offers superior sound quality with noise cancellation which makes it ideal for outdoors running, jogging and cycling when you are in a busy city or when there are noises around you. The MilanSo has an integrated mic to take calls while on the move.
This model comes in three different colors- black, blue and light grey. The battery life on this headphone is about six hours after full charge and standby time of 14 days, which is decent considering how much power this device consumes while using it at maximum volume. It can get very loud however if you want to conserve battery then its advisable to keep the volume at half.
- Comes with a long lasting battery life of six hours after full charge and standby time of 14 days.
- It has integrated mic so you can answer calls while on the go.
- Does not come with any case to carry around.
4. Tayogo S2:
Tayogo S2 is another good quality bone conduction headphone in the market, it comes in two colors- black and silver. Tayogo s2 is designed to be extremely comfortable while exercising or playing your favorite sport even in the heat of summers when you are sweating profusely. It has an excellent battery life of up to six hours which makes this headphone ideal for outdoor sports like running, jogging or cycling.
The fit on this model is very secure and can be worn while doing strenuous exercises without any problems. This headphone also has noise cancellation so that you can listen to music more clearly but only if there is no surrounding sound. There are tactile buttons located on the side of the piece which allows you to adjust the volume. This headphone has an external mic so you can pick up your phone calls without having to stop what you are doing.
- Better sound quality compared to other bone conduction headphones in the market.
- Comes with noise cancellation feature which enables you to listen to music more clearly even if there is surrounding noise.
- Does not come with any case or pouch for carrying around.
5. Oaxis myFirst Headphone BC:
Oaxis myFirst headphone is one of the cheapest Best bone conduction headphone for running in the market. This headphone comes in four different colors- blue, green, purple and red. Oaxis myfirst headphone has a decent standby time of 50 hours which makes this device ideal for going on long trips without any issues. The battery life also lasts up to six hours after full charge which is pretty good considering its low price range.
The sound quality isn’t that great but it does a decent job at making noise cancellation which helps you listen to music more clearly even if there are surrounding noises.
- Very cheap compared to other bone conduction headphones in the market with same features.
- The battery life lasts up to six hours which is pretty good considering the price range.
- Sound quality is not that great.
- Noise cancellation is done decently but it could be better.
6. KppeX BH528:
The KppeX BH528 is one of the best selling bone conduction headphones in the market right now which makes it a good choice for regular joggers and runners. This model has an integrated mic so you can pick up your phone calls while out on a run.
It comes in three different colors- black, blue and green. The cable length on this headphone is 1.2m/4ft which is decent if you are commuting or want to walk around with your device in your pocket when listening to music at maximum volume. KppeX BH528 has a noise cancellation feature with which you can listen to music more clearly even when there is noise around you without having to crank up the volume all the way up to maximum.
- Has noise cancellation feature which makes it easier to listen to music even if there is surrounding noise around you.
- The battery life lasts up to six hours after full charge which means the device will last for a long time before it needs recharging again.
- Comes with a short cable length of 1.2m/4ft which can be limiting when commuting or exercising at a gym while using your phone in your pocket.
7. Photive X-Bass BTH3:
If you are looking for Best bone conduction headphones under 50 dollars then Photive X-bass BTH3 should be your top choice, this model in black and green colors so that you can choose the one which best suits your personality. The fit of this headphone is quite secure and it has an unmatched sound quality which makes listening to music on this device very enjoyable.
The battery life duration lasts up to four hours after full charge which should be enough time for outdoor activities like running, hiking or cycling. Photive X-Bass BTH3 comes with a noise cancellation feature so that you can listen to music clearly even if there are surrounding noises around you.
- This model comes in two different colors black and green so you get to choose the one which suits your personality better
- The picture X-bass BTH3 has a very good sound quality which makes it fun to use when indoors as well as outdoors.
- In this price range, the battery life of four hours is pretty good and it will last for a long time before needing to be recharged again which is great considering you can listen to music for this duration easily.
- Noise cancellation could have been better because your surrounding noise can often interfere with your music listening experience.
8. Audiosharp AS 301:
Audiosharp AS 301 comes in two different colors black and pink, so if you are a woman looking for a running headphone then you can choose from these two options. This model has an adjustable headband which means that even if you have a small head this headphone would still fit you comfortably.
The battery life on Audiosharp AS 301 lasts up to four hours which is not bad but could have been better, with its noise cancellation feature it does a good job of blocking outside noise so that you can listen to music more clearly even with surrounding sounds.
- The Audiosharp model comes in two different colors black and pink with the latter one being more for women for their stylish factor
- Noise cancellation works well because Audiosharp AS 301 has a built-in mic that enables you to listen to your favorite beats without having loud background noises interrupting the song or music track of your choice.
- This device will last about four hours after full charge which is decent but it could have been better if the duration was longer.
- With its adjustable headband, this headphone might not fit larger heads because the maximum size of this headphone would be 6 inches or 15cm around.
9. Swimsonic Earbuds:
Swimsonic Best bone conduction in ear headphones is available in four different colors blue, green, yellow and pink so if you are looking for swimming headphones then this model should be your number one choice because it is designed especially for swimmers who need a durable product that would give them good quality sound when underwater. These headphones can be used during different water sports like surfing, windsurfing, water skiing and kayaking.
The battery life of this product holds for up to ten hours which is fantastic because usually full charge would mean that it will last you through the week or through your workouts without needing to be recharged again. It also comes with a convenient feature that enables you to take calls underwater so if you are expecting an important call while swimming then just tap your headphone ear piece once and start talking.
- The Swimsonic model has four different color options which include blue, green, yellow and pink so have a look at each one carefully before choosing the best one for you.
- With its ergonomic design, this headphone sits comfortably on your ears without causing any irritation or pain. Its adjustable earclips also ensure that you won’t lose your headphones when swimming.
- This headphone would only last six hours once fully charged which is decent but it could be better if it lasted longer than that.
After going through several bone conduction headphone reviews it has become clear that Audiosharp AS 301 is the best one to choose because of its advanced features and good battery life. It also comes in two color options black and pink so you can make a choice depending on your personal style preference.
Another great product worth mentioning is AfterShokz Trekz Titanium open ear wireless bone conduction headphone which has a high noise cancellation feature, a superior six-hour battery duration, as well as being equipped with an advanced technology that enables users to continue listening to music while they remain aware of their surroundings even when they are out jogging or hitting the gym for workouts at the local gym.
Swimsonic’s model would be another great choice for any swimmer who needs good quality bone conduction headphones that would enable them to receive calls while they are underwater. This device is tested by professional swimmers so if you are serious about your swimming career then the Swimsonic model might be your best bet at staying connected underwater.
Finally, although it may not have as many features as the Audiosharp or Aftershokz models, SainSonic’s model has a decent battery duration of five hours and comes with an ergonomic design which ensures maximum comfort without causing any irritation on its users’ skin after prolonged use. Although it may not be the best option available in terms of quality sound, this product will still do its job well because waterproof headphones are designed to provide good quality sound even when underwater.
So, if you are looking for a wireless option or have small ears then AfterShokz Trekz Titanium would be the perfect device but if you prefer well-established quality bone conduction headphone with superior features and want to enjoy music without having to worry about your surroundings so much while jogging outdoors at night then the Audiosharp AS 301 should be the model that you choose. And lastly, if you are into swimming then Swimsonic in ear headphones will meet all your expectations because it is designed especially for swimmers who need advanced communication options along with superior sound quality while they’re submerged in water.